Friday, December 24, 2010

the house christmas band

From Christmas in Cambodia


The band at Nagaworld appeared to be about my age and profoundly uncomfortable with the Christmas carol concept, being more used to belting out Khmer ballads and Lady GaGa covers at 3 AM. But they managed to memorize and execute a number of the staples, albeit with entirely too many Rs. Bless them. I wonder what they were thinking about.

From Christmas in Cambodia


It's really quite an impressive stage. They trotted out small cute children earlier to work their way through Jingle Bells. There's some sort of Christmas MEGABUCKS type raffle going on as well, I believe.

From Christmas in Cambodia


The milling crowd as seen from above. Tons of people are coming into Nagaworld just to check this impressive tableaux out. I can hardly blame them. It would be reasonably impressive in a major American mall, and here we are in Cambodia. My.


From Christmas in Cambodia


I would like to add that the keyboardist is in heavy contention for Raddest Mofo in Cambodia status. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment