Tuesday, December 21, 2010

the tiger beer tree

From Christmas in Cambodia


The Tiger Beer Tree phenom is here, and my brethern, it is real. Nothing gets more real then a lit-up tree made up of drained beer-cans. (Actually, not sure if they are drained or not, though that's a travesty against all alcoholic-kind if they still contain the demon beverage). There must be some sort of template for these magical edifices circulating around town since I have seen more then one of them. I desperately want to build my own.

From Christmas in Cambodia


Another Beer Tree at Mao's. I can't believe anyone would find these glorious beer-trees offensive. It's just a combination of the ancient holiday of Saturnalia and bacchanalia, right? Come on, isn't Christmas once you hit age 17 or so largely an excuse to get wasted with people you like (if you're lucky) after getting some new stuff? I think the Beer Tree symbolizes the secular, fun-loving, and glorious heart of the season. The Beer Tree should fill us all with seasonal wishes and hope for a bountiful future.

Also, whoo, note that creepy-ass eye from a Moby video.

1 comment:

  1. I was guessing the exact number of beer cans in the tree at Mao's. Finally asked the owner - about 600! Thats a lot of tiger beer.

    ReplyDelete